Are you one of those few admired for your presentation skills? Or perhaps you are just getting along? Or are you maybe like most, that often admit to struggle with this? Perhaps adding “a little polish” might help at this point?
If you prefer listening to reading, please click here for an audio version:
There isn’t a coaching or mentoring program that I’ve done, that hasn’t devoted some time to presentation and communication skills. What I also call “projecting yourself” favourably, notwithstanding the quality, value and substance of your message.
I’ve seen three distinct groups or levels:
- Clients needing to be helped over the reticence that often accompanies “public speaking” – the acknowledged number one fear of most people. Particularly if they need to present to their peers. So that they can be helped to do justice to what is required of them. And with significantly less of the old “angst” that usually accompanied such a need.
- Or to help those “doing OK” to add some polish, confidence and finesse to their presentation skills. And to add leverage to the outcomes they expect.
- And, also to help accomplished presenters to go that extra mile. To really sharpen their skills with some pretty sophisticated NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) engagement stuff.
I’ve found that everyone can add extra dimensions to these skills and their enjoyment of really sharp and relatable and memorable presentations. Certainly to add more influence and measurable outcomes to each presentation. Whether in a one on one conversation, to a small meeting, a larger room of people or to an auditorium filled with people.
So that there is an awareness of your audience’s needs plus really relevant content. Masterfully delivered in a style that really connects with that audience and “wins them over” to your message. And with maximum degrees of takeaways for everybody afterwards.
I intensely dislike the term “killer presentation”. But I’m sure you, like me will be able to relate to the term “masterpiece“, yes? Let’s together help you develop your presentation skills so you can deliver a masterpiece more often than not, OK?
Sharing my experience
And so I thought I’d share my experience, not only of my own personal presentation skills training and journey. But everything I’ve learned from 13 years of coaching 100’s of clients in – now over 30 countries – through the above 3 levels.
I was initially trained by RogenSI back in the 90’s and further trained with the addition of NLP in 2007 as part of my coach mastery diploma with TCI: The Coaching Institute. With great teachers like Sharon Pearson and Joe Pane. Plus I’d like to acknowledge fellow TCI’er Frazer Yendell for his amazing book Ultimate Speakers Blueprint . Which does such a great job of outlining all the “personal connectivity” that accompanies any great presentation skill. Much of which I use myself and also outline aspects of in this trilogy.
And so I’ve chosen to walk you through all I’ve learned and usually (quite selectively) coach, in the form of a trilogy. Needing to do so over these 3 separate blogs:
- Presentation Preparation for your Masterpiece
- Is Yours a Really Connected Presentation?
- Delivering Awesome Presentations.
I sincerely hope you not only enjoy this content. Either as a revision reminder or, just as much if you’re at the start of your presentation skills journey. But also that this material can add value to the outcomes you achieve by hopefully “raising your business influence game” with it.
You are probably already acknowledged as someone with something to say that is worth listening to. Let’s hope this helps you develop the accolade that you can bring it across really well too.
Please feel free to add your comments below or below each separate blog, or to email me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org